Aussie Track Pack for GTR Evo 2.0 Archive

Hulk

Aussie Track Pack for GTR Evo 2.0 Archive

Post by Hulk » 27 Sep 2021, 14:43

If I understand well, here's the place to save forgotten and lose things so just for the sake of saving lost tracks cause this is the only link still alive.
I'm not the author, nor I have any interest. All links and original web pages are down.
I'm even not sure does this have viruses but I installed it and it worked. :D

Varying quality. Rolling start crashes the game and AI is bad on few, but some are really good.
RSR-v2.0_Aussie-Track-pack_GTR-Evo.jpg
[External Link Removed for Guests]

From the Read me - if anyone know original authors
"
Hello and Welcome to the v2.0 update to the RedlineSimRacers.net Aussie Track Pack for GTR Evo.
===============================================================================================
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Preamble:

This update patch would not have been possible without the the expertise and assistance
of some truly amazing community minded people.

This update brings a great many fixes and corrections to known issues.

======================================================================================

***GreyBrad*** RSR Thank you!.

Thank you goes out to ***GreyBrad*** for his efforts tweaking the AIW, GDB and TRK files
throughout making many many improvements especially for those players whom play mostly
the single player. He also made a large amount of corrections graphically inc. lining of
pit garages and rain reflections where missing.

All tracks have the Aussie flag and date of event on the track selection screen.
(some dates taken from 2012 V8 calendar)

All the Aussie RSR made tracks are now housed conveniently within the V8SC top menu
button on the track selection screen.

ALL TRACKS added the correct track length in the correct format to the gdb files.
Updated all tracks gdb files with current realworld qualifying and race lap records.

(Refer his changelog below for complete details.)

======================================================================================

***MozzMann*** RSR Thank you!

Thank you also goes out to ***MozzMann*** of http//:[External Link Removed for Guests] fame.

MozzMann is a longtime resident member at RedlineSimRacers.net and he has kindly
offered up his time in tweaking the CAM files for ALL replay camera angles.

When compared to what we had previously in the v1.0 version these new cam files are a
light jump ahead.

Mozz closely replicated actual real camera angles based on Channel 7's real action
footage from all races ran in the real world V8 Supercars 2011 series.

The results include fly cams on straights, rotating/swinging boom cams on hairpins and
Drive over camera's in ripple strips and down low on the tarmac.

=====================================================================================

***RSR Shagger*** has also created new Loading screens for all V8SC tracks with some eye
candy ;) making the load screen alot more attractive :)
This track pack was proudly brought to you by Redline SimRacers. Find us @ [External Link Removed for Guests]"

yuca

Re: Aussie Track Pack for GTR Evo 2.0 Archive

Post by yuca » 27 Sep 2021, 17:38

yes this is the place for preserve stuff for others
yuca
alias أندراوس - Андрэй - Андрый - Andrzej - Andreas - André - Andrew

sorted from East 2 West

hundo

Post by hundo » 28 Sep 2021, 12:34

Thanks for sharing, Hulk! And I would like to thank you for your work on updating textures for Race 07. Thanks a lot, man !

Hulk

Post by Hulk » 30 Sep 2021, 12:59

hundo wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 12:34 Thanks for sharing, Hulk! And I would like to thank you for your work on updating textures for Race 07. Thanks a lot, man !
If you (hopefully :) ) end up updating any of those or other tracks it would be good to check with Andreas and his new work.
Just so we can reach consistent results with new content and bring Race 07 to the next level.

hundo

Post by hundo » 30 Sep 2021, 15:49

Hulk wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 12:59
hundo wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 12:34 Thanks for sharing, Hulk! And I would like to thank you for your work on updating textures for Race 07. Thanks a lot, man !
If you (hopefully :) ) end up updating any of those or other tracks it would be good to check with Andreas and his new work.
Just so we can reach consistent results with new content and bring Race 07 to the next level.
So, Hulk, i wanted to know exactly how your work differs from Andreas. And another question: is there a way to make yours and his work into one? That way we would have a Shaders folder with the two jobs unified.

Hulk

Post by Hulk » 30 Sep 2021, 20:15

Andreas is digging really deep, writing new shaders and trying to simulate PBR (physical based rendering) similar to what rf2 and other modern games use.

My work is more of a brute force use of srpl shaders and some new variation mashup of those. As Race 07 tracks are already high quality It can sometimes look spectacular but it can also give strange results on some tracks.

Of course any mix up of, for example diffuse.gfx or specular.gfx from one to another should technically work with unknown visual results :).
Open for example diffuse.gfx in text editor and be sure that all called shaders are in the shaders folder. Otherwise game will crash.

Of course as a modder when working on track you have even better control of usage of those new shaders and materials to make everything perfect.

From what I saw, Andreas really has the deepest understanding of all the Race 07 underlining processes (tracks, cars, materials, shaders, AI, physics…) and probably he can give best directions how to improve them.

hundo

Post by hundo » 01 Oct 2021, 20:35

Thanks, Hulk, for the explanation. As I am a "layman" on the subject, I will wait for further updates. Anyway, I'm using the Shaders folder you made. Thanks !

Hulk

Post by Hulk » 04 Oct 2021, 13:08

Adelaide and Oran Park just come .trk updates with enlarged ClipPlanes values and .gdb updates with sun lighting deffinitions from AndreasFSC track updates.
Adelaide-V8-2.jpg
Oran-Park-updates.jpg
Adelaide and Oran Park track updates

potato

Post by potato » 19 Nov 2021, 18:20

wow nice, thx

JonP01

Post by JonP01 » 11 Jul 2022, 19:35

Is it just me or are brake marker boards missing at Phillip Island (though maybe there aren't any in real life)? Not a total deal breaker since after some practice there are a couple of critical trackside trees that I can use as "alignment" into a very critical corner and critical braking zone. Though there remain some corners where I have no references on or around the track at all so it is a little tricky to do perfectly consistent laps.

So is this a problem only with my install or are others noticing the lack of brake markers (I have them at all the other tracks in this track pack).

potato

Post by potato » 15 Jul 2022, 07:36

i just checked the GTR2 version, at is also not very different to that one in this pack.
it is marked as MMMPhillipsIsland

so it is not your INSTALL

yuca

Post by yuca » 04 Mar 2023, 09:05

Hulk wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 13:08 Adelaide and Oran Park just come .trk updates with enlarged ClipPlanes values and .gdb updates with sun lighting deffinitions from AndreasFSC track updates.

Adelaide-V8-2.jpg

Oran-Park-updates.jpg

Adelaide and Oran Park track updates
i see you use the GTR2 mod, what version of it ?
Are any newer then Final 2.0 ?
yuca
alias أندراوس - Андрэй - Андрый - Andrzej - Andreas - André - Andrew

sorted from East 2 West

luthobu

Post by luthobu » 02 Sep 2023, 00:47

Great fun :D